Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catching Up Again

I got a note from Jason today... says he is disappointed with my lack of blog updates. Sounded like an review from the big "A." I figure I'll try to catch up a bit.

Happy Birthday, Tracie - in Ireland. Last of the teens.

We had a nice and relaxing TAH in Ponca City with G-Ma, G-Pa, Joe and Beth. Seems like we take off a few pounds while on the road and Joe puts them back on while we're home. He must feel sorry for us.

Was off from Wed afternoon until Tuesday morning. Wow can you believe that and didn't even have to drive to and from Gary for it. Wonders will never cease. I went down to OKC on Monday to vacuum the truck and wipe all of the surfaces down in prep for Tuesday. At least we start off on the right foot.

The Qualcomm indicated that freight was real slow so I was a little sceptical about getting a load on Tuesday. Not to worry. The first load was to pick up a trailer there in the drop lot and head up to I35 to Wichita, KS. Just where we came down from. We went to Coleman and picked up a load of their stuff and took it to Hebron, KY to --- Amazon.com. We noticed at least four huge buildings there with Amazon.com on them, they have a huge presence there.

This morning we dropped that and then picked up a load (40,000 pounds) of paper headed for Canada. But we're dropped it at the Detroit OC for someone (assume Canadian) to take on his/her way home. While we're here at the OC I asked if they could fix the passenger door handle. Viola they said they could. Everywhere we go I have to open the passenger door for the Funny Lady. I think bystanders think it's a bit weird, but they don't know the whole story and I'm not going to tell.

Schneider has a relationship with the truckstop next to it called the Detroiter. So while they work on the door tonight we came over here to stay. This place was built in 1965 and I'm pretty sure not much has been changed over time. The hallway surely isn't any wider than 32 inches. It looks like prison walls for sure.
If you check in after 7 pm it's 24 dollars, which we did. Course they didn't tell us there were only single beds. But at least we got a shower and A/C. Look the Funny Lady likes the Detroiter, too. We certainly have got a kick out of this place. It's another one of our treats we get from our grab bag of adventures everyday.
This morning in Indiana we bought baked goodies from some Amish kids selling their wares at a truck stop. They were cute.
Tomorrow we're headed over to Brighton, MI to something called Office Attire to pick up 44,000 pounds of furniture and take it to the OC in Hilliard, OH. Another relay. I'm not sure why I have turned into the relay person. Could be that I have migrated to my permanent dispatching board and maybe now I'm the new kid on the block. We'll see what the weekend holds.
Anyway, we're still having fun, enjoying traveling and each other.

No comments: