Sunday, July 20, 2008

To Tennessee and Back

Friday started off a bit rough and ended rougher...

I got up at 4:30 my time (5:30 Detroit) and walked over to the OC to check on the truck. Imagine my surprise - no it isn't ready, should be by about 1 or 2. Oh, heck... I need to be at the shippers at 8 and it's about an hour and a half away. Calling Schneider rent-a-truck. Not really but I was able to get a loaner and get on the way. It was a day cab - no sleeper. Got back at 10:00 and had a nice breakfast. At least the food is good at the Detroiter truck stop. About noon we came back to the OC and no parts, yet. 1,2,3... no parts. So I called my DBL (Driver Business Leader) group. I thought why not just wait until tomorrow (Sat) and take the load on down to Columbus. Oh, no, can't do that. I'm scheduled to pick up another load tonight (Fri) at Wal-Mart in Columbus.

Another loaner truck, a sleeper this time and we moved "some" of our stuff over and hit the road. I was scheduled to pick up at WalMart at 8:40. Guess what time we got there ? 8:41.

Just lucky I guess.

We stayed there in Columbus (Fri) and headed for WM in Midway, TN on Sat morning. Made it on down and dropped the load and skipped over to Premium Waters to pick up 43,000 lbs of water to take back to MI. At least we're headed back to our truck. We spent last night at a Super 8 and saw a bit of the races at the Bristol raceway. Got back to the MI OC this afternoon. THE TRUCK WAS DONE, pretty good. The Funny Lady has a bit of trouble cranking the handle. It will probably break again before too long. We moved all of our stuff back and got showered up and are ready for tomorrow.

The ride both ways was beautiful. On the way back we came through the Cumberland Gap. What struck us most odd was that the smog was worse down there than back here in OH and MI. You could not even see a mile across the mountains in TN and KY.

So, Jason, is that better ? Thanks for motivating me !!!

No comments: