Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Big Game Hunters -

Last Tuesday (I think) we picked up 43,000 pounds of Smirnoff drinks and headed for Tulsa and our TAH. Heading south on I55 there is a little town called Funks Grove, where there is also a rest area. Finally stopped. If you're a geography buff you may be interested to know there is a town called Funkhouser in southern Illinois.



We delivered the Smirnoff at 0600 Thursday and were actually lucky to use that day for bug oil changes (few VW dealers in OK - they love their trucks) eye check up and new glasses. Made it back to Ponca City about 1900 Thursday.






Saturday was the big hunting day. Opening day of deer season hunting. Here's Uncle Joe and myself. Tough guys, huh?

Joe mistakenly set his alarm for 545 pm instead of am so we got a bit of a late start.
No deer, dear.
Now the big game hunters get to rest.
We went back out on Sunday actually earlier than expected. I was making ham and egg breakfast sandwiches and the toast got a little dark and set off the fire alarm, so Joe was up at 0530 instead of 0545. Didn't help though. No deer again. I went back out at in the afternoon and tried to wait them out again. No deer. Oh well, was fun anyway, and I appreciate Joe hooking us up with the place and taking me out. Thanks, Joe.
Monday was back to the yard to get our truck. When we pulled in I noticed one of the other ones had been broken into. Wing window broken. No one bothered ours, with TV, and everything I was concerned. I'm guessing it was the previous disgruntled driver coming back to get something. But that's just guessing.
We zipped up to Coffeeville, KS and picked up a load of insulated wire and are headed to Brooklyn Heights, OH. We're spending the night at the Indianapolis OC. Dinner, shower, laundry and a haircut. Don't worry I put on the #3 whatchamacallit.
We deliver at 1500 tomorrow (Wed) and they estimate 3 hours to unload. Not sure what Thanksgiving day is going to hold for us yet.
If you haven't seen Craig and Diane's blog, you should. She has great pictures and are much like Teresa and myself. He drives and she's the team domestic. The site is http://shantztravels.blogspot.com/
I notice you can't see the letters above, just put your cursor over it and click.
Bob

No comments: