Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Challenges

We made it fine up to Green Bay on Friday. Saturday started off just fine, lots of paperwork and stuff and then the PWS - Pre-Work Screen test. I passed just fine, as did most. Teresa did not. That means she cannot be a truck driver at this point. She can retest in 6 months - of course after taking of a few pounds and getting those muscles in rippling shape.

We're not sure how everything will play out at this juncture, but for now we're just fine. Teresa is staying here at the hotel while I am in training in Green Bay. When this section of training ( 2 weeks ) is done I will head to Gary, IN for driving training and Teresa will head for Oklahoma where her family is. After three months she can begin to ride with me and in the meantime I am going to see if I can home base out of Oklahoma City or Dallas.

I can confide that I was about to ball when she told me she didn't pass, I didn't !!! Teresa was pretty nonchalant for the moment. A couple of hours later when it sunk in she did her share of balling. Today she is fine with it all and ready for the next challenge.

Sunday was a pretty easy day in training and I'm doing fine on the tests 98% and 100% so far.

It's evening now and so far we've gotten 6.5 inches of snow - and I thought Chicago got snow. Now I know what T-Net was talking about.

Teresa went to the gym and worked out and to the other hotel and swam. Yep, she has recovered. I am so happy she is staying for the next two weeks with me.

Our instructors, Bernie and Ned, are very knowledgeable and easy to listen to and I am enjoying the class a lot. I'm going to get some pics tomorrow.

More tomorrow.

No comments: