Friday, February 22, 2008

Week One Is Done



187 miles today... lots of traveling. Rich (my training engineer) and I visited a cheese factory in Spruce, WI. Did you know that when you chew fresh cheese curds, and they must be 1 day fresh, that when you chew it they squeek ? Well, I didn't, but I do now. Pretty cool.



I finally got a pic of me in the truck...


Here's a picture of the instructor crew.
We are now the senior class at the Green Bay Schneider Training Academy - congrats to all who have made it this far !!! Some have not.
As I write this Teresa is in Champaign, Il having dinner with Tracie and Andrea. That is after fighting through a snow storm that dropped 6 inches in a few hours on the area. Tomorrow she will head to OK.
I'm having a few anxieties over all of the changes we have made in our lives, and the bumps in the road. But we've made our decision, modified our project plan and we are continuing on.
Last night I drove Teresa back to Chicago so I could pick up my truck and she could head on. Then back to GB. In bed by midnight. A little tired occasionally during the day - some of the videos are a bit tough to hang through. But the driving is a blast. I guess you have to mix the pleasure with the pain. That's reality.
Like Teresa and I like to say; "We're horses, not asses." We will survive and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
No driving tomorrow, maps and permits - I had better get my beauty sleep tonight.

No comments: