Friday, January 30, 2009

Back in Cold Country

We're back in cold country again - Des Moines, IA and headed for Mason City.

We had a nice TAH, though because of the ice storm that went through OK and AR we were shut in most of Monday and Tuesday. We stayed and Grandma and Grandpa's both days. Teresa got a lot of sewing done and got us all ready to go to Cancun - 23 days.

I read a bit and napped a bit. Both Teresa and I have been reading Jeffery Deaver and Stephen White books. Each have written about 15/20 books and we have almost finished all of them. They are excellent writers. We tried to read them chronologically but didn't find them all in that sequence. I used to read John Grisham and Dan Brown, but these days they have been a little slow on the production end. Somebody talk to their editors about that, please.

I saw Mr. Grisham on the Today Show this week so I guess he's got a new one, I think it was "The Associate." I'll have to wait until it comes out in paperback and ends up at a half price store. We don't save the books we've read. Can you see it - we each read about 2 a week... how many shelves would it take to hold them all. We read and then leave them at the next OC we visit. Sometimes we even score a new book to read at the same time. In addition to being team domestic Teresa is also I our librarian. She makes me sign each book out as I read them. That way when I ask for my next book she's ready. Funny, I always wanted to make love to a librarian. Now I have one 24/7.

We sat for most of Wednesday waiting for our next w/a. About 1500 it came in. Up to Hutchinson, KS and pick up a load of salt and deliver it to Kraft Foods in Mason City. Yesterday we picked up and made it to Des Moines last night. Showered and headed out to the truck to watch CSI. We can do that now we have all the remotes and power cords. Don't want to leave those behind again!!!

Grandma watches the game shows and Grandpa watches all things western. Interesting that Tuesday night we watched "Wild Bill Hickock.". He spent a lot of time in Kansas and it seemed we passed through many of the areas that he was in. Seemed a bit of a historical ride for me. That's one of the ways I occupy my mind on those 500 mile days.

We're hoping for a w/a south after our delivery today. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: