Thursday, May 28, 2009

Way Behind...


I know I'm way behind, it's Thursday evening and I'll try to catch up. We had a great brunch with Andrea and Tracie in Champaign and then continued on to Ohio. Monday we stopped at Tamarack, WV for Teresa to get her eye candie. Lovin' every minute of it. Then it started raining and raining and raining. We were headed for North Carolina and it rained the whole way. I figured if we weren't going to be able to get out of the truck so we used some of our timeshare points and stayed st the Sheraton in Greensboro, NC. Nice room on the 26th floor.
You think our truck was lonely ?
Since it was the end of the holiday weekend the place was empty. We had the run of it. Pool and hot tub. All alone - ooh la la. We had a very nice evening and free breakfast then headed for Browns Summit 20 miles away. Dropped our trailer and picked up an empty and headed to Eden, NC to pick up a load of Miller beer headed to Camp Hill, PA. I noticed that the delivery was for 5/28 and we would be there by 5/27 so I coerced Cathie, my DBL, to let us drop the beer at the OC in Carlisle and give us another load.
We stopped at a rest area on I81 in WV 5/26 and about 0400 5/27 the next w/a came in. It was a relay in Carlisle, good so far. The deliver was for 0630 in New Jersey. Oh, I forgot, during the day on 5/26 they asked, potentially, when we could deliver and I had said 5/27 1400.
Obviously there's a conflict there. Del for 0630 and I say 1400. I figured they had worked all of the kinks out. Nope. We got there at 1300 and they said no way, Jose. So we had to sit on it until this 0730 this morning.
Oh well, we got our walks in, found a Belgian Waffle maker ( for Grandma, not for her to use, for me to use and makes waffle for her!!!). We had a great Lasagna and Con Pollo pizza for dinner at a quaint Italian place Stephano's in Piscataway, NJ. We don't suffer much.
We did suffer this morning after delivering in Somerset, NJ. Our next w/a was to pick up at the Jersey City docks at 1001 this morning. I missed the turn twice and had to hit the I78 tollway twice, and had to back out of the toll plaza (it wasn't EZPass) But we made it at 0958.
We're enroute to Alachua, FL. Got through NJ, DE, MD and we're just north of Richmond, VA now. Showered and Blizzarded. Is that a word ? The Pilot has a DQ in it. That's a first, and it has chocolate ice cream.
By the way, except for a brief period yesterday afternoon it has been raining/misting since Monday. Still was when we stopped, but it looks like the sun is trying to break through now.
I'm caught up now and 8 days left on the road till Las Vegas.

No comments: