Friday, May 15, 2009

We Made it Home

Wednesday we delivered about 1030 and waited for our get-us-home work assignment. Then we waited some more. Then we took a walk for 30 minutes. We were sitting about 340 miles from our home base. That's a bit too far to deadhead or bobtail and no loads were going west out of Little Rock. We were getting ready to go eat lunch and then our next w/a came. It always happens that way; try to take a nap or plan to do something else and the w/a will arrive.

We headed east 140 miles to W. Memphis to pick up a relay load headed to Dollar General in Ardmore, OK 450 miles west. We delivered Thursday at 1145, 30 minutes early and bobtailed back to the drop lot in OKC.

We got to Grandma's yesterday about 1500 and chatted and opened mail. Grandpa took us out to Enrique's for dinner. He sure likes to spoil us when we're home. Mrs. Boss has breakfasts and dinners planned for the next four days, Belgian waffles for breakfast today and grilled salmon for dinner tonight.

I guess I'll have to fit my golfing in between cooking sessions. Remember the buxom Kissing Bandit ? I have this idea; we pass enumerable golf courses in our travels and I'm thinking to bring 3 clubs and a putter and play one hole at as many courses as I can. Of course I'll have to safely park and "jump the fence" then play one hole and get back to the truck. Anyway if I get the courage to actually do it I'll be the Golfing Bandit. Seems like fun in my head, we'll see how it works in practice.

Not much else to report, just planning on resting up and recharging. We'll be back on the road Tuesday morning. Teresa got her appointments rescheduled for today (Friday) and Monday so it all worked out.

No comments: