Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We're not giving up yet...

HEY, look at the bottom of the posts - the comments link is now green. I tried white but that obliterated something else.... that didn't take too long now did it ?

It's Wednesday morning and we're a long way from home. I'm pissed but Mrs. Boss is hanging in there.

We delivered our load in Burlington, WI and Teresa had the appearances of coming down with the flu, oh shoot!!! I pulled away headed for a drug store to get some Tylenol and our next w/a came in. Not quite what I was looking for. We're to head up north to Neenah, WI and pick up a load of printed cardboard to deliver around Little Rock, AR. Not real bad but after delivery we'll still be 300 miles from OKC.

Throughout the morning Teresa still felt pretty rough. No vomiting but fever and headache. A few more Tylenol. Tuesday morning she woke without the headache and fever. She's a trooper I tell ya.

We got a good start Tuesday from Bloomington, IL and stopped in at the Edwardsville OC for a couple of maintenance issues; leaking coolant and short in the lights. Got the short fixed and made sure my extra bottles of coolant were filled. While there I contacted my DBL to let her know we were in Edwardsville (suburb of St. Louis) in case there was a load we could swap with another driver and head closer to OKC. After a little rumination she decide there might be. Three hours later she realized they had had a communication snafu and that, no, it wasn't going to work. We wasted three hours waiting for them.

We're now in Neelyville, MO on the AR/MO border. The sun is coming up and we're still about 180 miles from our delivery and 300 miles from OKC. Yesterday my DBL had indicated that there were no loads out of Little Rock headed west, which was why I had tried for the swap in Edwardsville. Now we're not sure what's going to transpire today.

But I'm still pissed, over three weeks on the road and we're ready to head for the barn. Teresa has made some appointments for tomorrow so we're anxious to make it, but it doesn't look good at this point. I figue to be done by 1130 this morning. Best case is they bobtail us to OKC, that's what I'm shooting for, but you can't tell what they're shooting for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your down time - we enjoy seeing the world thru your windshield. Keep up the good work

Mark Krusen said...

Ah I can see it to leave a comment now. I really enjoy your accounts of your Journey. Enjoy your time off.

Unknown said...

How long did it take for the comments???? Too long!! hahaha

Glad to be able to comment now visibly. Hang in there on the home time. Looks like it will be probably Friday before Craig makes it into Spokane, but that is when they asked for home time. I was just hoping it would be earlier. Can't believe how much I miss being on the truck!

Have fun when you do get home!