Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday - Day of Rest - NOT !!!

I wanted to add, one more time, that Tamarack - the Best of West Virginia was a real treat to stop at. If you're even close by make a point to spend some time there, you will not be disappointed.

We made it to Danville, VA by about 10:30. I thought we were going to one of their distribution centers. But no, we're delivering the grocery carts to a brand new store set to open 7/27.

I pulled up to the back wondering how I was going to get all of them out. Not to worry. About 20 "kids" popped up and started hauling them out. All new employees at the store. About 20 minutes and done.

This morning we had coffee in Roanoke, VA. Breakfast in West Virginia. Lunch, well we missed lunch but took a potty break in Hershey, PA. Then passed through New Jersey and New York and are now in Milford, CT. I think we touched seven states today. I tried like heck to get to the Long Island Sound for dinner but every bridge is under 13 feet and we just didn't fit. I had a hankering for surf and turf. We settled for fajitas at Moe's. Good, but not S and T. And for the record... BEFORE we could eat, the Funny Lady had to get a pedicure. Makes her happy and therefore me too.

We're headed for Wal-Mart in Raymond, New Hampshire (just outside Manchester) with a "high-value" load of pillows and pads. I love it. It's less than 10,000 pounds. Pays the same for me and easier to pull. We'll leave here oh, about 7 am and deliver by 1200 and then who knows.

Ron, I guess you're off the hook this trip... say hi to the folks there for me. Think about you guys often.

Mike Y... haven't heard from you in awhile, everything cool ? Any news on Matt ?

No comments: