Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're Really Hauling Butt

After dropping a load - get it a load in the diapers !!! My next work assignment got tough. The instructions were to bobtail back to the Fontana OC and pick up a trailer that was supposed to be half loaded and take it to another location and finish loading. That should not have been a problem except the trailer was empty. I checked with the fuel desk and they said yep it's empty. So I grabbed it and headed to Salton - George Foreman stuff. They put their stuff on and before I left I thought I would check again... OH NO... the previous driver had taken the wrong trailer to get half loaded. That's a problem cause I need it all and I'm running out of time for todayand the week AND I need to get back to Gary. For reference this is now Friday about noon. So we head back to Fontana and wait for the trailer. At 1:00 he says he's about 30 minutes away, but arrives at 3:30. Accident on the 605, hard to believe, right ?


Really fast I grab his trailer and head back to the shipper. So now I have two trailers there and it's about 4:30. Understand, I left for Oxnard to drop the diapers at 3:30 so I am really running out of time. When I got to the shipper they were closing up shop, they had given up on me. A little one knee work and they moved everything from the trailer I had brought earlier to the new one and reprinted their bill of lading. It's about 5:30 on Friday and we're on our way.

Cheated just a bit and got almost to Barstow for Friday night. I still haven't told you where we're going - Beaver Dam, WI, 2000 miles plus another 250 back to Gary by Tuesday. That means 600 miles a day but then I'm running out of hours for 70 hours in 7 days. The funny lady is pissed, she says I shouldn't take it... stay in LA and take TAH now. For the record, I talked to Claire today and she still is pregnant.



Anyway on our way..




We headed through NV (had to skip Las Vegas) a section of AZ, a bunch of UT. These picutes are of San Rafael Swell - Incredible...Look, there's that funny lady again...





We then went west side to east side of CO.





When we left LA it was about 90 degrees. When we got to CO it was 43 degrees and it was pretty obvious that it had snowed on the mountains a bit last night. What an amazing country,



As you can see Beaver Creek ski area still has snow. The hotel in the foreground is the Sheraton Mountain Vista - we have a timeshare there for the week of New Years. Pardon the sales pitch, but another is coming.
This is the Christie Lodge, it's across the street from the Sheraton, we have a timeshare there for the week of Christmas... I might be forced to take two weeks off at Christmas if no one wants to rent them. OH WELL, it will be rough.


On the way down I70 to Denver - you will not believe this - I honked the air horn at a BEAR that was trying to cross the interstate... right in front of us.


So tomorrow we're headed to Cedar Rapids and then on to Beaver Dam Tuesday morning and one way or another on to Gary Tuesday afternoon - or the funny lady WILL be the bear that chews my butt. Wish me luck...

No comments: