Saturday, September 6, 2008

2 Days Left

We dropped our load of pallets in Jackson, Il and picked up another load across the street at Procter and Gamble(BIG Schneider account) in Neely's Landing, IL and took it up to Mt. Sterling, IL. So you figure they're keeping us south... Wrong, the next load was headed to PA. I called 'em up and politely declined the opportunity to go to PA. A bit later they QCed back to relay it to the Edwardsville, IL OC. Cool. Showered and fueled up and ready to go. Are next W/A was back to Neely's Landing to pick up at P&G again and take it to Ardmore, OK.

We dropped at 0800 this morning and are now sitting at exit 40 on I35 in OK. We're debating.

Tell them if we can't get a load we'll just take TAH early. But that doesn't mean we're coming back early. We've been out 4 full weeks and are ready for a break.

The Funny Lady has plans for us to go to the OK State Fair this TAH. I don't particularly like them, but she loves them... so we're going. Whatever makes the Funny Lady happy is fine with me. My son, Adam is flying in Tuesday to buy my Ford p/u truck. Hate to see it go, but I hate worse for it to just sit around. I'm sure it misses me - that's guy talk. Anyway we still have the VW convertible, but it's still up at Gary - all alone and I'm sure it misses the Funny Lady. By the way the license plate on the bug is KIDNME... can you figure the three variations that it means?

While Adam is here I'm hoping he'll stay around a day so we can go golfing. Then he can drive back to Monterey, CA.

Next TAH we're flying to Nampa, ID where my Mom, son Scott and fam, and two aunts live.

I guess it's time to call in and give 'em hell...

Bob

No comments: