Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Days in a row

Left the Seville OC at 0545 and headed over to Toledo, very pretty drive.

Oh, I forgot. The trees are sure turning colors in PA. I woke up that morning in Punxsatawney and it was 45 degrees. That will put frost on the pumpkin.

The load in Burlingdon, PA was clothes and the load in Toledo was Calphalon pans all for Macy's.

Made it all the way to Effingham, IL 535 miles on Thursday. By the way Bill, on this load (14,000 lbs) I got 8.72 mpg all the way to St. Louis.

I delivered at Macy's at 0700 this morning and immediately got my next w/a. Pick up an empty trailer at Macy's and, hold the phone. They have no empties. So I have to travel across St. Louis during traffic to find a trailer... Finally got one and zipped, literally, with the hour or so of lost time getting a trailer I was actually behind schedule. So, I headed to Roodhouse, IL to pick up a so called high-value load of scrap envelopes to be recycled. I guess someone thinks recycling is important.

Enroute I got two messages and 1 phone call - highly unusual. I was supposed to be there AT 1200 and any delay was going to be costly. Anyway, got there at 1115. No sweat.

The soybeans are being harvested here in IL and some corn. That's my ag report for the week.
I'll get the price on pork bellies later.

I'm doing my blog update slightly south of Rockford, IL and am headed to De Pere, WI, right next to Green Bay. I figure to be there by about 1300 tomorrow.

Think about it; Wed in PA, OH Thurs in OH, IN, IL. Fri in IL, MO and IL. and tomorrow in IL and WI. That's a lot of scooting, more than 1,500 miles in three days.

No grass under my feet, maybe a bunyon on my butt though. Not really. Time for a walk.

Bob

No comments: