Saturday, September 27, 2008

Three In a Row...

When I got back to the truck last night my NEXT w/a was chirping into the QC. A whole day early. I'm guessing that since I would be done Sat morning they shipped the next one.

Hold on to your hats. After delivering in DePere, WI I'm to go over to the Green Bay OC (10 miles) and pick up an empty trailer to take to Quinessec, MI. If you think Green Bay is north check out Quinessec on the map. It's 100 miles straight north from Green Bay in what they call the UP - Upper Pennisula. Anyway back to the w/a. After picking up 44,610 lbs of newsprint I'm to take it to three locations around Springfield, MA and start delivering at 0700 on Monday 9/29. Can't be done. It's 1200 miles from Q to Springfield and that's at least 24 hours of driving and at 11 hours per day thats over 2 full days + 3 or 4 more hours. And I wasn't even in Green Bay yet, I was still on my 10 hour break in Rockford, IL.

I called the after hours shift support and they said "Oh go ahead and pick it up, we'll work with the deliveries after you've made it part way by Sunday."

So, eager beaver that I am I got up at 0500 this morning and headed out. Made it to DePere by about 0915 and off to GB at 0930. Grabbed a shower, at some cereal in the truck and picked up the "MT" (empty).

Got up to Quinessec at 1230 dropped and hooked and headed out.

WOW what a colorful ride. I drove US 2 all around the north shore of Lake Michigan.




I've stopped for today at this overlook at a little fishing village called Epoufette, beautiful !!!




Here's my sunset view.


Here's a look at the colors. Ignore the bug splatters on the windshield.
454 miles today which gets about 150 out of the way to Springfield. So I figure 2 days of 550 miles and then one day to deliver to the three consignees. AND THEN I have to get back to OKC some time on Saturday. We have plane tickets to go to Idaho leaving Sunday morning at 0600.
And that is about 1,800 miles back to OKC for Wed-Sat. Not really too far, just if they can get me loaded.

No comments: