Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years Everyone

Happy New Years, Everyone. I think I made land speed record to DIA and back yesterday including a quick stop at McDonald's. Four and a half hours round trip. So the kids are gone and it's just the Funny Lady and myself.









Before they left we walked through Vail Village so they could get a few things to take home.

We have regularly taken our pictures at the covered bridge on the way in. Long ago I was taller than Tracie, now I have to stand on a foot of snow to be. The views at VV are beautiful. The river that runs through it is a championship trout stream, though when I have fished I didn't catch anything. That's Adam sitting with a bronze statue of Ben Franklin, looks presidential doesn't he ?!

This morning we toured the new Westin timeshare, it's a very nice facility. We took the tour to get the $100 gift card. No, we didn't buy anything. I thought we would take our gift card and go out to dinner tonight. Course the Funny Lady had a different idea. We wandered over to the exclusive (joking) and very busy Wal-Mart and get ourselves a salmon. How about that big guy, $7.52 for a pound and three quarters. So we'll have grilled salmon with asparagus and rice tonight and salmon patties with fried potatoes tomorrow. I think I talked her into eating out on Friday. There is a German restaurant in the village that looks pretty good.


We have a jucuzzi tub in our bedroom and we bought some fresh strawberries. That along with some chocolate fudge is going to ring in our New Year, but a lot earlier than midnight. Your imagination can take care of the rest.
Have a safe and Happy New Years
Bob and Teresa

No comments: