Saturday, December 27, 2008

On the Move

Today is Saturday, time to move. For the past week we've been at the Christie Lodge and today we're moving over to the Sheraton Mountain Vista till next Saturday. The Christie Lodge is nice, but it's, well, kind of like the Motel 6 of timeshares. Everything is here and most of it works. It's three bedroom and three baths so there is lots of room and that's the biggest advantage. It's the first t/s we bought back 8 years ago and we still like it.

Yesterday I took Andrea back to DIA to head back to Chicago. We watched for the weather, as good truckers do, and noted that we were going to have a pretty good snow overnight. As I am wont to do I woke up at 0410 and looked out. Yep, they were right. I decided we better hit the road. I woke up Teresa who then woke up Andrea and the bustle started.

Wednesday night we played a little Texas Hold'm, this is Andrea in here gamblers outfit... Note her hat. It's from the liguor store across the street; "Beaver Liquors" get it ?


It looked like the snow plows had spent the night up by the Eisenhower Tunnel because I could see them headed west, but our direction (east) looked pretty untouched and I would guess there was at least 5 inches on the road. You could hear the snow rubbing on the underside of the Bug. The trip usually takes about 2 hours, depending on stops and traffic, which there was very little of going east, and this one took a little over 3 hours. I dropped Andrea off and made the turn around back. Going west was a different story, lots of traffic, and this trip was closer to 3 1/2 hours. Successful anyway and no accidents for me. Did see a few unfortunate ones though and several brushings of the guard rail.
I forgot to mention I made the same trip on Christmas day to pick up Adam. On this trip the roads were clear and dry and each direction was closer to 2 hours. While I was waiting for his flight to come I took this picture of the front range from the waiting area at DIA.

In case you didn't know, there is a bridge here in Avon named after me.

Here's a picture of my wonderful and still Funny Lady in front of one of the many decorated trees in Avon.

I just got the call for "where's my tea" and it's time to make breakfast so I better get going.

The kids are skiing at Vail today.

Happy Holidays to all from Avon, Colorado.

No comments: