Sunday, February 8, 2009

60 and warming

We arrived and were unloaded by 1100 Friday and have had nothing since. Do I sound annoyed ? That's a yes and no. We hung out in WalMart lot Friday afternoon until I was pretty sure nothing was going to be forthcoming. I read for awhile and took a nap while Teresa walked over to the going-out-of-business Goody's store. She got a few things at 60% off. Then we grabbed a couple of movies from the Red Box there and headed for a truck stop.

By noon yesterday nothing still happening. They say we're #3 on the list but no loads moving. We drove over to Marshall, TX and checked into a Motel 6. We headed out to return our Red Box movies and have lunch. We ate at the Jalapeno Tree in Marshall. Fajitas and Chili Relleno. I can swear that the skirt steak with the fajitas was the tenderest I've EVER had.

We enjoyed our accomodations, and had what Jason refers to as "a hot night."

We'll check-out today about noon. I'm planning to wash the truck; it's covered in salt and grime and Teresa's planning to talk me out of it. Let you know who won later.

It's beautiful out - sunny 60 and warming. We'll head out and hike around town this afternoon.

Man, I couldn't do this alone, but with Teresa along, it's pretty good.

No comments: