Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Still in the warm country

Friday without running was good. Checking into the Motel 6 on Saturday was great, but by Sunday I was fit to be tied. I won the battle regarding washing the truck. Finally I said "it's my job and it's a reflection on me." That clinched the deal. Wash we did and it looks real good.

Remember, I'm the guy that has empathy for my automobiles when it's time for an oil change and I'm the one that gets anxious when I'm running low on fuel. So I guess it's OK for me to feel like the truck also wants to look running around the country.

Monday started off pretty poorly. By noon we had not received a new w/a. In some places we probably wouldn't have minded much. But the two truck stops we were at I wouldn't wash my dog in, so you can see how we might feel. Also around noon I indicated we were checking back into the Motel 6, which got a tepid OK. By then we're feeling we deserve it again. I sent a note on the Qualcomm - "load or hotel, you make the call." So about 1300 we're getting ready to head over and low and behold a w/a. At this point I wasn't sure whether to be elated or disappointed. And to top it off it's a relatively short run. But it's activity so we're off.

We ran 90 miles to Palestine, TX to pick up a load at a WalMart d/c to take to San Antonio and deliver in the morning. We stopped for the night in Rockdale, TX.


This morning at 0500 I went into WalMart and picked up these flowers for my Funny Lady; today is her birthday, the BIG 50.


They're her color - she's a purple person.


That's my water jug I used as a vase to present to her. I got hugs and kisses and laughs all before 530 in the morning. What a day !

We delivered in San Antonio and then picked up another load in San Antonio to deliver in Houston. We're now at the Houston OC and I am, doing laundry. Teresa's watching her favorite show - Scrubs. Well I guess it is her birthday, it's the least I can do.


Ten days till Cancun...




No comments: