Thursday, February 26, 2009

At it Again

Well, we're at it again. After two days to golf in Ponca City and plenty of sewing we're over not making our trip to Mexico. I contacted my DBL at Schneider Monday morning and asked if we could come back on Wed instead of Fri. No problemo.

We got to the drop lot in OKC Wed morn just befor 0800 and about 15 minutes later we got a note to bobtail down to Dallas to pick up a little load. After making sure they were paid miles we headed to Walmart to pick up our staples for the week and headed south. The load was a shorty, pick up at the OC and take it over to Ft. Worth to deliver at 1900. The short loads don't pay to bad; $1 per mile and $25 ( or $15, I don't remember exactly) for the extra stop. Anyway it's about 40 miles and we delivered at the designated time. We headed out early to miss traffic and to watch "Nights at Rodanthe." With a walk in the nice weather and a movie, not bad.

Today our next w/a is to pick up a load in Dallas and head for Elkhart, IN. Doesn't deliver until Monday morning at 0800 so we've got about 3 1/2 days to travel 1,000 miles. Of course it's back to cold country so I'll have to put my shorts away on Saturday. Looks like we'll head up to I44 and over to St. Louis. Since we've got some extra time I think we'll take I57 out of St. Louis instead of I55 and drop into Champaign and see the girls, probably Friday night and then on to Gary Saturday. We'll have a quiet day for most of Sunday and either leave for Elkhart Sunday evening or early Monday morning. Of course my girl doesn't like early mornings too much so we'll probably leave Gary in the afternoon and settle into Elkhart early so she can watch Amazing Race and Brothers and Sisters.

As everyone is tightening their belts, so is Schneider. They announced Monday no pay increases for "anyone." I was due for my 1 year increase this coming Sunday. Nice timing for me...
Oh well, at least we're running, pretty well. Can you believe it, one year already ?

We're in good health and have each other so who could ask for anything more ?

No comments: