Friday, February 27, 2009

One to Laugh About

This one is a laugher, at least the Funny Lady is.

I innocently forgot this yesterday and Teresa reminded me of it again... so here goes.

On our bobtailing ride down to Dallas from OKC we were about an hour and a half enroute and Teresa was getting ready for a snooze so I pulled into a rest area for a potty break, with my book of course. Well, I was a couple of minutes and then hopped into the truck. Without looking in the back a said "so you're all snuggled in" and got no reply so I figured she was sleeping already. I then took a few minutes to get my log book updated. Again, without actually looking in the back I headed out. I picked up my phone to call my Mom as I do every morning. A couple of minutes later I got a call on my phone and since I was already on it I ignored it. A minute later Teresa's phone starts going off so I say to the back "Babe." Nothing, so I say "BABE" louder. By then I know I've got a problem.

In the meantime Teresa has been wandering around the rest area and comes back to where the truck was and sees that it's gone... hard to miss those big orange trucks. She borrowed a phone from one of the other rest area attendees.

So, I call the phone that had just called me and of course it's busy cause she's on it still trying to call me...

You get the picture. I spun around about as fast as a bobtailing truck can do so on the freeway and headed back, then she caught me on the phone. So I got to cover that 6 miles three times that morning. Honestly I had thoughts of heading on but could imagine the grief I would get so I headed back and got grief anyway, just joking. I couldn't go anywhere without her and I didn't get grief, just laughs.

That was the first time in the year we've been out that something like that has happened, don't figure to repeat that one any time soon!!!

1 comment:

Sam Huss said...

Doesn't SNI still teach to put a pillow or something in the seat if your passenger gets out so that type thing won't happen?