Saturday, March 14, 2009

Edwardsville, IL

After looking at our timeline I could tell that we were not going to make it to St. Louis by 0900 on Friday. The load had been scheduled out at 0800 on Wednesday. We didn't get it till 1230. By the time we were loaded and through Houston traffic headed back north on US59 it was 1700 and we had been on the road for 11 hours, not all driving but on-the-road none the less. By then we had only covered 60 miles of the estimated trip of 787. With really only one full day of driving and a bit on Friday morning, no way.

I put in a change to deliver at 1300. I figure, no problem, we don't have any blood or organs so who would care. Nope, they moved the delivery to Monday. As a result Friday at 1230 we dropped the trailer at the Edwardsville, IL OC and Teresa went in to start laundry. Since I still had some hours available they sent me over to New World Pasta to pick up a load and bring it back to the OC. The pasta is headed for Green Bay, not sure who is going to get it, but for now we're loadless.

I'm letting Teresa get the last of her beauty sleep and then head out to see if there is any assignment for us.

Alls good for us. TAH next Friday. No big plans for that 4 days yet. Rest, golf and sewing I imagine.

No comments: