Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Got to be fluid

Boy was it hot in Laredo last night. Not sure of the temp but we saw nineties on the road. Made it with 15 minutes to spare for DWTS. Lucky me.

Went to bed with a fan on, and went to sleep pretty well as we were both pooped. About 2330 we both awakened feeling suffocating. I closed everything up and turned on the engine to run the A/C. I'm not a good sleeper with the engine running, but I finally got back to sleep. Let me tell you the A/C works good. About 0330 I woke back up and turned the engine off and opened back up. Luckily got back to sleep again. Unusual for me though.

This morning we picked our fuel stop at Van Horn, TX to stop for the night. Some time during the day I decided we should push on to El Paso and we're here - 580 miles. Tomorrow we're going to go about 440 miles and stop somewhere around Phoenix and get a Motel 6. We should be there by 1300 - 1400 and so we'll have a good opportunity to enjoy the pool and relax. Then Thursday we'll head on to Delano, CA.

Now we have a new plan, but as you know plans are made to be changed. You never know, and we like to be fluid and enjoy everything we can.

We just finished a walk-about and Teresa's ready for DWTS elimination.

One of the speakers is "blown" on my side of the truck. After we got here I put some "Nu-skin" on it. You know that paint on band-aid stuff. I'm going to let it dry good then see if it works. It works on me so who can tell.

No comments: