Monday, March 30, 2009

Go West Folks

We delivered our load at 0830 this morning in Laredo. Had a bit of anxiety passing long lines of trucks waiting to do the same thing we were. Thankfully we were the only one at our forwarder.
We were in and out in less than 30 minutes. While I was dropping the trailer we got the first blip on the QC of our next w/a. A little squeel from Teresa and I figured it was good.

We went further south in Texas and picked up another load coming north across the border and we're headed to Delano, CA - 1662 miles loaded. We covered 350 today going south and coming back. We're back in Laredo at the Pilot watching DWTS. Our delivery is by Friday but I figure with three back to back 500 mile days we can be done on Thursday and be ready for another one on Friday.

We love our Sirius radio but you can only sing so much to the radio. I also catch CNBC in the morning and some FOX and CNN. Pretty sure I catch most of President Obama's speeches. Caught today's on the auto bailout. I mostly agreed with him, but figured that stand should have been taken before the previous $17 billion was paid out.

My issue is where do the rest of the overpriced occupations come in ? Should it really cost $75 - $85 per hour for a plumber or $100 for a mechanic. I realize they are not being bailed out but the inconsistency baffles me. That's my political comment for the day.

18 days till TAH - I think we're planning on taking Teresa's dad to the OSU Cowboys baseball games.

No comments: