Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to Tennessee

I forgot to add these pictures the other day on the way to SC. The car carrier was headed south, we were headed north. It still took us an hour to get past. I read later that the entire southbound was closed for over two hours.








This is the entrance to the Peace Bridge Sunday evening on our way in to Canada.
This is the Ambassador Bridge and Buffalo, NY on our way out yesterday.
Sorry about all the bugs on the windshield, but they are really busy this time of year.
We covered 525 today arriving in Dandridge, TN to fuel, shower and have salad for dinner. Got our walk in now Teresa's catching up on TV and me our blog.
While in Detroit we heard John Rich's song "Shuttin' Down Detroit" a few times. Good lyrics and music. Here's a bit of the song - if you want I can sing it later...
John Rich
Shuttin' Detroit Down
Written By: John Rich, John D. Anderson
My daddy taught me that in this country everyone’s the same
You work hard for your dollar and you never pass the blame
When it don’t go your way
Now I see all these big shots whinin’ on my evening news
About how they’re losin’ billions and how it’s up to me and you
To come running to the rescue
Well pardon me if I don’t shed a tear ‘cause they’re selling make believe
And we don’t buy that here

Cause in the real world there shutting Detroit down
While the boss man takes his bonus pay and jets out of town/
And DC’s bailing out the bankers as the farmers auction ground,
Yeah while they’re living it up on Wall Street in that New York City town,
Here in the real world there shuttin’ Detroit down.
They’re shuttin’ Detroit down.”
Give it a listen... you can watch the video on YouTube

No comments: