Thursday, April 16, 2009

Still Still in Council Bluffs

We're still in Council Bluffs and I'm even snippier. We're at the end though. We have a w/a to pick up in Omaha this morning at 0900 then to deliver in Ft. Worth tomorrow. The snippier side came out yesterday afternoon when we finally got a w/a. After calculating our times I figured we could not reasonably deliver in Ft. Worth and still make it back up to OKC by end-of-day on Friday so I indicated to dispatch that we were going to drop the load in OKC on our way down. I figure we'll stop tonight around Wichita, KS and be in OKC by about 1000 tomorrow and then someone else can take it on down to Ft. Worth.

We've will have been out 26 days and we're ready to get out of the truck for a few days.

Yesterday we picked up groceries to cover us for the next couple of days and a Red Box movie; "Seven Pounds." Very good movie. Teresa didn't cry, but almost. I really like Will Smith.

Craig and Diane; I agree with Craig, "adapt and overcome" but that doesn't mean it isn't any less frustrating. I had the same feelings the last two days.

We're on the last leg and headed for the barn. We're betting we can put the top down on the VW bug when we head home tomorrow. Yippee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Frustrating it is, but like I said, it really is so very seldom we have a day like that. Enjoy your home time.