Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Hot in Dallas

For the record - T will remain anonymous for now, most will know why.

Left Gary early Monday and headed to Warsaw, IN to drop our 20 tons of paper. When I opened up the trailer I saw that it was glossy paper for an Eddie Bauer sales printing. The drop was at a RR Donnelly printing plant. So when you get your copy you can think I delivered it specially for you, HAH. There were 4 other Schneider trucks ahead of me to unload, but the warehouse folks were fast - out in about an hour and a half.

Immediately got my next load. Pick up a relay in Gary from Canada and take it to Waxahatchie, TX. From the papers it looks like 38,000 pounds of iron powder. I have no idea what it is to be used for.

Generally, we see lots of dead deer on the roads here in the midwest. On Monday morning we saw a coyote getting his breakfast off of one. That was a first - just like on a nature tv program.

Anyway picked up the load in Gary and headed south on I-57. Made it down to the Mt Vernon, IL, TA. The folks there are really nice. The reason we stopped there is Dancing With the Stars was on. You can figure the rest out.

From there this morning we went 597 miles and are now in the outskirts of Dallas, also a TA with Idle Aire... and of course you know why - DWTS Finale. oooohhhh..... But at least I can blog a bit.

Like the title says HOT. Stopped at a Flying J in Texarkana and it was 88 degrees and I thought, "shoot, I'll never get to sleep in this heat" so headed on down to this Idle Aire. It was a little further than I wanted to go, but we're here and will unload by 8 am tomorrow.

If you're following along you know we're headed for CA in June to see my kids and grandkids and a new born... So today we talked about going to Valdez, Alaska for our July time-at-home.

Rough life !!!

No comments: