Sunday, May 4, 2008

Spanked by Mike Y.

Got a call this morning from Mike Y, he wondered if everything was OK and why had I fallen of the blog wagon. Since I am sort of prone to accidents the question wasn't without merit. For the record things are peachy ( I'll explain later).

I meant to bring my log book with me for this blog but forgot... anyway from last Friday starting at Gary I picked up a relay load and took it to Virginia - 40,000 pounds of paper over I64. That's rough and slow !!! Then I picked up 35,000 pounds of packaging paper and took it to Sturgis, MI. Then a load of Disney stuff from Carol Stream and down to Augusta, GA where after I dropped that trailer I had to get across SC to Cheraw and get a load of empty cans headed for Baltimore. That was a nice easy load 6500 pounds but totally full.

I'm done for the day in Milford, CT headed for Northborough, MA with guess what - 42,000 pounds of paper. Paper so far seems to be the heaviest load taking up the smallest space that I have hauled so far. Love those aluminum cans though.

One side note; I can tell you where Elton John, Sheryl Crow, Barry Manilow and Chubby Checker are appearing in May - all different places - if anyone is interested. Not Chicago, though.

Got to get electricity fast...

Darn, I just typed for 20 minutes and apparently lost the signal and everything I put in. It's supposed to automatically save the drafts periodically. Guess not today.

I'll reenter a few thoughts.

While the computer was charging, so was I. I asked for directions to a shopping area and this guy instead of giving me directions takes me to a Barnes and Noble. So I got a couple of books and ate and walked about a mile back to the truck stop. Then took a nap. So we're charged...

Do you watch Friday Night Lights ? We do, and like it. It seemed Friday night I was in the same Dillon, TX town as in the TV program. I was awakened at a little after midnight by a bunch of kids and cars, hollering and carrying on, cruising I figured. Then about 1:30 again by the sounds of cop cars. If you have never been stopped by a cop at midnight you might not know the sounds, I do. Moving on, I woke up again about 4:00 and got up for a roadie coffee. When I went back into the Huddle House ( where I had dinner ) the place was filled to over capacity by high schoolers. Eating, screaming, laughing all that. Anyway it really looked like the set of FNL.

So it did it again... I'm done for the time being. Am I out of the doghouse yet, Mike ?

No comments: