Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday

Spoiled or whipped, I'm not sure...

Made it to Shreveport, LA last night. In keeping with the nature TV program I mentioned in a previous blog I can report that the on the species lotus lizardus is alive and well. We observed them in full force last night. Headed out nice and early this morning. you know before 5 am. While I was debating taking 220 around Shreveport all traffic was directed south on I54 I think it was. That put a kink in the works... Hold on, I'm being paged to the pool - the pool you say ? You'll have to hold on for the rest of the story. Be back shortly.


Apparently a big rig had overturned on I20 in Shreveport so the state police had both directions closed. Got on through downtown and out the east side and back on I20 headed east. Covered about 350 miles to Tuscaloosa, AL. On I20 I didn't see a single dead dear, just little dead alligators wandering away from the bayous.


By 3 in Tuscaloosa and hungry enough to eat an alligator. Stopped at a Red Lobster and ate salmon and shrimp instead, ummmm. By the way, Ron, I used the last of the gift card you sent me for Red Lobster, ready for a new one. Called an Econo Lodge here and asked if they had a pool and big rig parking and yahoooo here we are and you know who is like a 5 year old in the pool.


During my first two months out alone I think I lost about 10 pounds, well I think that's about to change. But I'm happier for it anyway.


There's a mall across the street so I think it's time for a walk.

Back again. Here's a picture of me and my walking outfit...








Ankle weights and dumb bells - no I'm not one of the dumb bells.











I forgot about this place... it's a truck stop in eastern Texas on I20. Great decor, nice people and great bar-b-que... Not as good as b-in-law Joe's, but good.















No comments: