Monday, May 12, 2008

TAH -

It's Monday already, one more day off and then another all day ride back to Gary but at least I'll have a partner.

Friday I got all the 6 x 12 u-hual and got everything loaded out of storage. Picked up Tracie and Andrea at 6:00 am on Saturday and headed out. Seemed like everything was going really well until we got to Joplin, MO. We got there at about 5 and got gas. The wind was blowing so hard the truck would not shift into overdrive. It was like climbing a hill for 2 and 1/2 hours. I was really stressing over it, and burned an entire tank of gas covering 200 miles instead of the almost 350 miles I usually get per tank. I know it's silly but I get anxious when I over work my vehices. Today I took the truck to Ford and got the oil changed and the transmission fluid flushed. I can tell it feels better !!!

Teresa and I got everything out of the trailer and into the new storage down here in Ponca City.
Now we've got to get all of the stuff out of Joe's and Grandma's places and put into storage and then grab a few things for the road.

Great weekend with Joe, Beth, Grandma and Grandpa and Andrea and Tracie.

The next adventure begins tomorrow morning when Teresa and I head for Gary.

No comments: