Friday, August 21, 2009

Ashville, KY

I know, lagging again, I'm blaming it on the Funny Lady for not being here to keep me in line !!!

I've been from Syracuse, NY to Pittsburgh, VA to West Virginia over to Winchester, VA thru the Washington beltway and down to the southern most part of Virginia and now in Ashville, KY.
Took 2 hours to travel 30 miles last night down I95 from D.C. I hear on Friday's it's even worse.

The load I have now was a 3 stop picker upper and it delivers in Evansville, IN tomorrow. I figure about noon.

I am pretty sure I have been over 2 of the hardest routes in my year and a half on the road, and they are both in Virginia. One is WV-55 over to VA-55. I took the other today VA-58 from Martinsville, VA to I-81. Ten percent grades and not quite hairpin turns, could hardly keep my tandems in my own lane around the sharp corners.

AND SLOW... I've had enough of the hills in VA, ready for some relatively flat land of the midwest.

This load is headed for TJ Maxx. I've got Ralph Lauren Polo stuff, roasted red peppers and artichokes and Nautica stuff.

In a perfect world I should be home some time Tuesday for TAH, looking forward to it.

Next TAH we're headed for Boise for Scott and Jennie's wedding.

Not much else to report.

No comments: