Sunday, August 16, 2009

Binghamtom, NY

I was trying to talk myself out of updating our blog this evening. Obviously I lost that one.

The w/a I had to be in NJ by 0900 tomorrow was canceled, the driver doing the pickup didn't make it. How does that happen ? I haven't figured it out either.

By the time I got to Warren, OH I was really pooped and hungry, not that many miles (521) but some of it was Sunday afternoon traffic and construction. Most of all the route from Canton to Youngstown was horrific. I couldn't keep track of how many 1 light towns I went through, some at 25 mph.

After delivering I was headed to a Pilot I knew of in Youngstown on I80. Didn't make it. I passed an outdoor mall with a Cici's Pizza and a Border's bookstore. Teresa doesn't particularly like Cici's, but for $5.71 I figure you can't go wrong, so I took advantage of the opportunity and then wandered around the bookstore for an hour. The parking lot was empty so I got a good quiet night of sleep.

While I was eating my next w/a came in; pick up a relay at the Seville OC and deliver in Norwich, NY between 0700 and 1000 tomorrow. So I've stopped in Binghamton for the night. Let me tell you it won't be a quiet nights rest...

Funny thing, last week Joe was giving me a geography lesson related to the location of the Watkins Glen racetrack. Guess what ? I had not yet been through the Finger Lakes region. Now I have. Drove right through on I86, beautiful country. I have also discovered the worst interstate in the country, also I86.

Tomorrow after delivering I am to deadhead to Canada. I don't have the w/a yet, just instructions to get to the shippers location.

I almost ran myself out of hours the past 7 days. I have 7 1/2 hours left for tomorrow. Will be enough to get to Ontario, but not very far after. Guess I need my navigator and watchdog...

By the way, my bruised dog bit butt has healed.

I just talked to Teresa she's just leaving Bartlesville, OK, should be home within the hour. Sounds like she had a wonderful week with Andrea and Tracie, she's a lucky lady.

No comments: