Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Made it back to Gary about 6 pm yesterday and signed on to the Qualcomm to let them/it know I was back. Soon as I signed in I got my next work assignment starting out in the morning. Cool, I'm picking up 44,000 pounds of aluminum and taking it to Mableton, GA, just outside of Atlanta. Bet I get to put on my shorts down there !!!

I'm parked in the IdleAire just north of Louisville, KY and will drive most of the rest of the way to Atlanta tomorrow and be ready to deliver AT 8:45 am. I can hope my next load stays south, right ?

Looks like I'll have a rider in May. Our plans yesterday were to go out for breakfast with Teresa's dad at 8:00 and then come back throw together a lunch, shower and hit the road. Turns out Teresa had a different idea. Seems she didn't sleep much and cried much more. She's ready, no needs, for us to be together, and I'm certainly all for it. I got up at 5;00, as seems to be my unbreakable habit and went out to get coffee. When I got back she cam down and booted me. Saying she couldn't sleep with me there knowing I was leaving and thought she would rest better if I left. Well how can you argue with that. Anyway that's when we concluded that we had to go all the way. We have always been glued at the hip so why change that now ?

Andrea is supposed to do her graduation walk at the University of Illinois on 5/11 and we plan to move all of our stuff down from Elgin to Ponca City on that weekend while I have another 5 days off. When I head back to Gary that time I won't be alone. Hurray...

I am parked at the IdleAire, but I'm sitting in the McDonald's across the street using their internet for free and I'm going to get a movie out of the "Big Red Box" just outside for a buck.
As you can see, I'm a cheap date, and it's a good thing my date is cheap, too.

Will be headed through Nashville and Chatanooga on my way to Atlanta, honk if you see me.

No comments: