Sunday, April 6, 2008

More Sunday Stuff

I got on 6 miles down the road. It's a strange feeling, you drop off the interstate at an exit and you can't see anything but trees. I wondered to myself... what's around that corner. You just don't know. I'm north bound I95 in Maryland at exit 41a. Yep it's a truck stop all right. But first you've got to pay $12 to park, small surpise. I figure since I need potties and stuff for the next 24 hours it's not too much. I cruise around the lot and all the easy to get into spots are still taken. I still look for easy ones to get into.

So I pull into one of these spots. If you can tell from the picture (click it to enlarge) each of the spots has a little umbillical cord that goes into your window. On the end is a little module that has A/C power, internet access, heater/air conditioning and TV. You can even order movies and play games. It's called IdleAire, like a KOA for trucks. Six months costs $1o plus $1.85 per hour for the services, but, you get free parking for $20 of usage. I figure if I use it from 1 - 11 today it will cost me about 7 bucks. For all it offers I took it.


I figure it's time for a walk and put on my ankle weights ( 5 pounds I think) and head out. I'm looking for a grocery store as I've run out of Kaschi Go Lean Crunch cereal and need a haircut.

It's Sunday so the haircut is iffy, I guess. Guess what I found, "the Barber Shop" and Cedric the Entertainer was there... cool place and great guys/gal. One of the customers was also a trucker - he's the one with the afro and getting braids. I am embarrassed to say I forgot my barber's name but he took the more care than I have ever had. I know it's a simple buzz cut, but he sculpted it, real nice job.
And I found Mom's Organic store which had my cereal for the same price as WalMart... lucky me.
Now I'm back to my truck, watching Hockey and waiting for Golf to come on so I can have cheese and triscuits and then maybe take a nap.
I guess I can't complaing too much, can I ?
Bob

No comments: