Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Jersey is tough

Quick update while I finish laundry and head for bed.

I dropped my load in Cherry Hill and was sent to a drop lot in South Kearny, NJ. Got "misplaced" twice, severely once. I do stop and ask for help and sometimes that can be a bad thing. I found a place to stop and ask and this nice fellow said to follow him he was going close to the street. I was looking for Central Ave. He very nicely took me to Central Ave in Jersey City and I followed it to the end... What I needed was Central Ave in South Kearny. Oh my... that was real tough. But I persevered... Spent the afternoon waiting for the next load. It came in at midnight. But I couldn't leave until 3:00 am. I got up anyway, sleeping is a total waste of time ! I'm going to a WalMart supplier in Jersey City to pick up and take to Beaver Dam, WI. I actually got there at 4 am without getting lost and headed out.

I am now at the OC in Seville, OH - 500 miles later showered and doing laundry and will head out at about 1 am. After I get to Gary, IN I'm going to run over to South Elgin and pick up our mail while I am on my next 10 hour break. Get to drive my Ford !!! Funny what you look forward to.

I am to deliver in Beaver Dam at 11:00 pm tomorrow. Going to be tight, but I think I can make it. Like I always say, love a good challenge.

Bob

No comments: