Saturday, April 12, 2008

On the road again...

I think I'm getting out of the proverbial dog house, bit by bit. But back to "the incident" we'll call it for now. Although I would like to blame it totally on being tired, in restrospect I can see that I had become over confident and therefore careless in my handling of the truck. Obviously you can't allow that to happen. 'Nuff said.

Friday morning I got my next load. Go to Sauk Village and pick up a trailer and run to Monee and drop it and pick up another ( I know this sounds funny, but you need to leave a trailer at the customer so they have one to load up) in Monee. The directions provided by the computer were both flat wrong so it took me a bit extra to get going.

During my training on Thursday I got some insight on how better to manage my time. Thanks, Pauletta. I think this is going to work a lot better.

Anyway I picked up the load and was to deliver this morning in Charleroi, PA. I stopped at 7 last night and headed back out at 5 this morning. Gave me time to take a walk, enjoy what I thought was my original motivation for trucking in the first place. Got to the the site - World Kitchens and dropped the trailer. Picked up another load to take back to World Kitchens in Monee. Fancy that.

I told Teresa today that I really do like the driving and seeing part - so that's a good thing.

I stopped today at 5:00 at one of those KOA for trucks I talked about (IdleAire) and hooked up the tv and computer. So, just like home, relaxing, watching the Masters and blogging. It's raining out, so a walk will have to wait. But for now, it's cool.

I'm certainly looking forward to my time at home, Thurs - Sun coming up - and yes THAT is one of the reasons, but not the only one. I am smitten with my dear Teresa and can't wait to hug and hold her.

Among the many things I have seen in the 7,145 miles I have driven in 20 days is the large number of crosses set up on the roadsides in memory of love ones that have died there. Sad.

Bob

No comments: