Friday, April 4, 2008

Staying East

Funny, I've got to go back and read my last blog to see what I've missed since the last update.

Disclaimer: I usually try every day to find a place to update but sometimes I just can't get Internet access. Tuesday was on the road and Wednesday night I was in the OC in Carlisle, PA and their service sucked.

Anyway on to the update.

I got up at about 3 am to head over, you know I am always early. I dropped the load of expensive Illinois water in Raeford, SC and headed to find a parking spot and eat some breakfast. It took about 10 miles before I could find a place big enough to park this big orange thing. Since I hadn't got any load from the computer I then took a nap. About 2 hours later, nice nap too, I got the update from the Qualcomm. Go back to Raeford and pick up a load and take it to Carlisle, PA. No problem. As far as I can tell it was out dated products to be disposed of.

I got to a Pilot truck stop at the upper end of North Carolina and decided to eat and sleep. That was about 3 pm - Monday I think. I was cleaning up all of my paperwork and heard an ambulance go by. No big deal, we hear them all the time, right ?

About a half hour later I'm done and figure to go eat and get on the computer in Mickey D's. WRONG. The ambulance was there. The whole truck stop was shut down and noone was allowed in or out. Apparently two truck drivers had an argument inside and one knifed the other, he died and the knifer fled in his truck. They caught him running up I95. Anyway they had the whole place locked down solid because it was a crime scene.

Understand, I'm out of hours - can't move until the next morning and now I'm hungry and got to use the bathroom. No such luck.

Twice later the cops came around waking and interviewing all the truck drivers for info. But I didn't see anything... just need to use the bathroom.

They finally opened back up about midnight.

I dropped at Unilever in Carlisle and headed for the OC which was about 10 miles away. My DBL (driver business leader) decided since I was there I should hang out until the morning and take what they call Spring Training. No big deal done by 11 am.

So the next load is some John Deere lawn tractors headed for South Carolina. Get to make 5 stops at small shops and drop them off. I think I get extra pay for each stop, but don't know for sure.

On the way to Charlotte I got stuck behing traffic held up as a truck had driven off the road and was upside down off the embankment. That will wake you up !!!

I got into Charlotte at 10:15 last night and am planning to head out about 10 today.

That's enough for now.

Hey Mike - thanks for the email update.

Bob

No comments: