Monday, March 31, 2008

Hiatus

Made into Charlotte yesterday got a shower and laundry done. Then I went out to the garage and got my broken turn signal replaced and two tires put on.


Ron arrived to pick me up at about 3:00 and came in to look at my truck. I think he was surprised with how much room there was inside and the places to put everything. I was parked a little crooked, I haven't got that part perfected yet, so with Ron along we made a trip around the parking lot. Remember how you felt when your uncle came over with his new motorcycle and took everyone for a ride... well that's how Ron was in the truck. He thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't get the feeling he was going to apply for a job.


We headed to his house and I got to meet his wife Debbie and daughter Jennifer. Great family. Ron made a great dinner of fried zuchinni appetizer and paste with Italian sausage and meat balls. Debbie, like my Teresa does not "enjoy" cooking so Ron does most. Debbie is a great souz chef and kitchen aid. She's a practicing nurse looking to get back to work after raising Jennifer and Douglas. Douglas is at college.


Meet Jennifer, she's got gorgeous black curls and loves to ride horses.


I hear she can whip out 100 text messages a day... fast little fingers.





Simon, their dog, let me sit in his chair for a minute and Ron snapped this picture of me.


Ron dropped me back off at the OC (operations center) on his way to work. For the record, I'm not much of a chatter box but after being out for a week by myself it seems I just couldn't shut up. Sorry to Ron and fam if I monopolized the conversations, they were great listeners. Now I'm back to my keyboard.

So I got the oil changed and some fuses fixed that I had popped and will head out tonight so I'm there and ready to go early.
Many thanks to Ron and his family for their hospitality and friendliness. They made one mistake though; they invited me and Teresa, when she starts to ride, back. Since they are great folks and who can pass up a free an excellent meal I'm sure we'll take them up on it. And they are only about 10 miles from the OC.

No comments: