Sunday, March 16, 2008

IT'S OVER !!!

Well, we're back in Gary, I wasn't sure we would make it. We drove 9.50 hours out of 9.75 that we had available today. Maybe a little creativity in that, but Bill's GOOD. I owe him a lot. He taught me much over the last 13 days. I actually think I can do this, and if I do it like he taught me, it will be safe and correct. Even after class in Green Bay there was so much more to learn and Bill hung in there and gave me many corrections and tips that he has learned.

Over this 13 day driving period I drove 3,641 of 5,265 miles. My driving miles took 102 hours to do, that's just driving hours. I think you're supposed to get at least 40 hours behind the wheel. I'm pretty sure I made it.

Today's audio entertainment included episodes of Gunsmoke, Lone Ranger and a Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis show from 1952 - I'm certainly culturated now!!!

It was a great two weeks, and I owe Bill a huge debt of gratitude, and I will never forget it. Here's my graduation picture of Bill and myself.

Thanks, Bill

Tomorrow is over to the storage to pick up a few things, and then the PO boxes and then up to Green Bay, WI for the next level. It's called Skills Qualification Testing. I hear they refine everything we've learned over the last 4 weeks and prepare you for the state CDL test. That's the real final. Should be done by Thursday and then they are supposed to assign me my truck and on the road I go.

I'm not sure of the exact timing of these events and not sure if I'll make it home somewhere in the middle or not. But after the last 4 weeks, I wish I could. Either way, I'm ready for whatever comes. That's just the way I am. At least I'm done with Bill's audio entertainment and jokes. You know, some people can tell a joke and others can't.

Love you, Teresa...

Bob

No comments: