Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stuck In Winslow, SC

We dropped our load from Chicago to Fountain Inn this morning about 10:30. That was easy, again. Then we picked up a trailer and headed to a drop lot in Beech Island, SC, right across from Augusta. GA. This load is headed to New Milford, CT, but we ain't going to make it.

We reached Winslow, SC at the end of our 14 hour work day. While doing our logs and figuring the next step we both said - "aw shucks" or something like that. We don't have enough hours available to get to CT and back to Gary. Much as I would like to run through the eastern seaboard I really want to get back to Green Bay for my SQT and CDL and get my own truck.

Freight is a bit slow around the country but it's got to be better than what a student driver makes.

Adding to the mix is a new fact that Bill's needs to get home for a few days so he would really like to unload me and go home. If I'm not careful I bet he would leave me right here - and he hasn't finished my evaluation yet. I guess I still have to watch myself a couple more days.

Oh, by the way, Teresa is having a blast. Not that her training is so much fun but the class room environment that she's in. It's a group of 16 and 17 year olds and a 20 something instructor. Teresa is getting a perspective of life from an entirely different angle, and still liking the results.
Me too, for sure.

During one of Bill's and my early chats I challenged him that he couldn't over work me. Well, he still hasn't, but by golly he's giving it a go. I think it's going to be one of those WWF things... the last one standing wins - go Bill.

No comments: