Saturday, March 29, 2008

In Corbin Kentucky...

It's funny I have to go back to my last blog to remember everything that's happened since then.

I dropped my load in Evansville, IN at 8:00 this morning. Not too bad. So I figured I would have a few minutes to run into Walley World and catch up on a few items. That worked out nicely. When I got back the computer said to run back to Louisville ( which is pretty much where I slept last night (Fri)) and pick up a load to go to Raeford, NC. That was pretty exciting as my good buddy from Allstate lives in Charlotte. I called Ron and asked if he would like to make me dinner Sunday!!! I think he was as happy about it as me. But I'm scoring big. He's Italian and going to put together a spread. For sure I'll get pics of Ron and family at dinner. Ron even invited me to spend the night. Can you believe it, he's making me leave my truck ! He thinks I need a shower, boy is he right.

So I'm stopped, obviously, at exit 29 on I-75. Deja vu, this is one of the places that Bill and I stayed at during my training weeks. Which week, I don't know, right now the past month is pretty much a blur. It's a nice truck stop and I can latch on the the Super 8's internet access from across the street. Worked the same last time.

As you may know Teresa and I started out this journey planning to be team drivers. Boy I've learned a lot since then. Don't get me wrong, I still like the driving part, but I sure miss the sex part!!! I don't know how T-Net and J and Craig and Diane do it !!! Tough birds I can assure you. I miss Teresa dearly, but don't think I want to be in this truck moving non-stop. Schneider's rule is that you have to drive for six months accident free before they will let you bring on a passenger.

I'm pretty sure I can make it 3 months, but that's it. Someone is going to have to make and exception in our case. I'll just have to find the right buttons to push, and believe me, I can.

I'm going to see if I can close my previous start:

Do you know someone that makes your heart thump
I do, too
Do you know someone whose eyes light your day
I do, too
Do you know someone that returns your love 10 fold
I do, too
Do you know someone whose smile is so infectious
I do, too
Do you know someone that is forever young
I do, too
Do you tell them you love them with feeling
I am, too
I miss you and Love you, Teresa.

No comments: