Monday, March 24, 2008

Back In Green Bay ?!

I arrived back in Gary about 11 pm last night and spent an hour trying to find my truck. Turns out the folks in Green Bay gave me a tractor number that was not in Gary... I was beginning to wonder if it was some kind of Easter egg hunt for orange trucks !!!

I finally got the correct number and found it quickly then spent the next hour transferring all my worldly belongings from my little PU truck to my big orange truck. Morning came quickly, so many new sounds. Oh, forgot, the truck smells like an ash tray. I'll get some Pine Sol on it soon. Teresa is not in love with that smell, but IT'S MY TRUCK... and I like it, at least better than the smell of an ash tray.

Spent the morning getting "official" and finally got my first Qualcomm dispatch at about 2:00.
It was a relay load to Green Bay. A relay load is one that cannot be completed by the original driver, for any number of reasons. I hooked it up and headed out. Everything by the book, I was pretty pleased. But I forgot one thing. All relay loads are supposed to be weighed and I forgot. The other scale rule is that all loads over 30,000 pounds must be weighed and this one is 24,500 pounds so under the weight rule it does not need to be weighed, but because of the relay rule it does. I'm going to do it tomorrow just to make it right.

Now I'm settled in for the evening, I can get the internet from my truck and can get some TV reception... watching Seinfeld.

I have to deliver the load at 2:00 tomorrow so will have an easy morning.

Love you, Teresa.

No comments: